Friday, July 8, 2016

No Mayo Tuna Salad

Mayo makes many salads unhealthy, that's why I am so excited to find tasty recipes without it! This one is tuna based and u can change the flavor shy adding or subtracting more vegetables and seasonings. 

There are other variations of this recipe on the blog. This is the basics of the recipe I have tried and loved so far. A lot of the ingredients you can eyeball. I truly love putting more rice vinegar in it! 

core recipe is:

1  2-to-3 oz. package of tuna

about 1/2 c. of diced onion (but you can eyeball* it)

1 T. of lemon juice or rice vinegar

2 to 3 T. of olive oil (use 2 if the tuna is packed in oil; 3 if it’s packed in water)

1/4 c. chopped parsley – again; just eyeball* it

1/2 to 1 whole avocado

1/2 t. kosher salt (or 1/4 t. regular salt)

1/4 t. fresh ground black pepper – or more to taste

If you want switch out the parsley for cilantro and lemon juice for lime and make it taste more Latino. Yum! 

Original link:


I used my tomatoes from my gardens :) growing my own veggies this year and herbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment